At Spectra Electrical Services (SES), Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) sits atop of the list of our CORE BUSINESS VALUES. The Team at SES has developed and continues to foster a culture of Safety from the top down and from the bottom up. Each and every member of the Team is empowered to and encouraged to recognize, communicate, address and if necessary intercede where and/or when an unsafe workplace situation may arise. Incident and injury-free working environments are how the culture in which we conduct out business and how we govern our organization. This is achieved thru Safety education / continuing education, certification / re-certification, our Safety Council, Quarterly & Yearly Safety Recognitions of Employees which recognize employees who epitomize the highest standards of Safety in the execution of their work and the practice of Safety Management by Walking around (SMBWA).
The Team at SES is honored to have received various industry recognitions for our safety programs and safety performance. However, the single-most important result of placing EHS at the top of our CORE BUSINESS VALUES is the safe return of our employees to their families every day that they come to work.
Spectra Electrical Services' Safety philosophy is to foster and strive for an "Injury Free Environment". Our objective is to complete work in the safest possible manner, while delivering the quality expected by and within the timeframe demanded by the Client.
Recognizing that our employees are our most valuable assets, it is incumbent upon us to further recognize that trained employees are empowered, motivated, productive AND safe employees. Such employees will foster safe behavior individually and demand the same of their peers. From their date of hire, each employee is required to demonstrate proof of training in our core safety training requirements (or participate in the same within 90 days of the date of hire) and must attend periodic refresher courses as required by the respective areas of training / certifications. Furthermore, each new employee is provided with a one-on-one comprehensive new hire orientation, which provides for education on Company safety policies and procedures.
Our Core Safety Training Mandates Consist Of The Following Training / Certifications:
- OSHA 30 Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
- NFPA 70E Training (Arc Flash)
- EEW Training
- PPE Training
- Powered Industrial Truck Certification (Forklift)
- Trench Safety Training
- MEWP Certified (Mobile Elevated Work Platform)
- 1st Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- IBEW Code of Excellence Training
Additional Required Safety Training For Our Supervisors And Project Managers Is As Follows:
- NECA EPS Level I Training
- NECA EPS Level II Training
- Confined Space Training & Certification
- Accident & Incident Investigation Training
The purpose of the Spectra Electrical Services, Inc. (SES) Safety Council is to provide an internal forum for labor and management in which to establish, review and make recommendations for improvements in the areas of Construction Safety to the Executive Management of SES, thru the encouragement of employee participation and ownership.
The Safety Council is headed by the Corporate Safety director of SES and is comprised of members of the management and field staff, who meet on a regular basis. The conjoined contributions of the Safety Council (field and management) serve to combine practical, hands-on knowledge of specific trade required tasks (field) with the broader overview of the company's safety culture, policies, practices and procedures.
- Recognize workplace hazards.
- Evaluate the risk of accidents/incidents, injuries and illness.
- Participate in development and implementation of programs to protect the employees safety and health.
- Respond to employee complaints and suggestions concerning safety and health.
- Ensure the maintenance and monitoring of injury and work hazard records.
- Monitor and follow-up hazard reports and recommend action.
- Set up and promote programs to improve employee training and education.
- Participate in all safety and health inquiries and investigations.
- Consult with professional and technical experts.
- Participate in resolving workplace refusals and work stoppages.
- Make recommendations to executive management for accident prevention and safety program activities.
- Monitor effectiveness of safety programs and procedures.
2018 Safety Council
- Council Chair - John Sralik
- Council Secretary - Jimmy Stasko
- Member - Mike Lopez
- Member - Brock Daniels
- Member - Parker Tow
- Member - Chris Vonier
Safe Employee of the Quarter
Q3-17 John Sralik
John Sralik has been recognized with the Team Spectra Q3-17 Safe Employee of the Quarter Award in recognition of his leadership in training, guidance and safety cultural awareness across the organization. Additionally, John continues to lead the charge in our company safety achievements & recognitions as demonstrated by 12 months Injury Free and the company's reciept of the prestigious National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Safety Excellence Award for the 4th year in a row.
Safe Employee of the Quarter
- 2021 Q1 – Chris Vonier
- 2020 Q4 – Chris Vonier
- 2020 Q3 – Kevin Funkhouser
- 2020 Q2 – Piotr Suszczynski
- 2020 Q1 – Kevin Terry
- 2019 Q4 – Ken Beach
- 2019 Q3 – Victor Ortiz
- 2019 Q2 – Rod Hyden
- 2019 Q1 – Abigail Raines
- 2018 Q4 – Mike Lopez
- 2018 Q3 – Brett Vezzetti
- 2018 Q2 – Lauro Parra
- 2018 Q1 – Steven Keys
- 2017 Q4 – Raphael Sanchez
- 2017 Q3 – John Sralik
- 2017 Q2 – Alan Zombolas
- 2017 Q1 – Carlos Esquivel